bugzilla is set up (was: Re: Compositor status)

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Wed Sep 22 13:01:14 CEST 2004

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 12:51:48PM +0200, Jens Luedicke wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:00:28 -0700, Brian J. Tarricone
> <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> >
> > w00t!  sofar is awesome!  http://bugzilla.xfce.org/ is set up and
> > working.  everyone's account from the old system should still be active,
> > but you'll need to click on the login link, and enter your email address
> > in the box at the bottom.  it will send you a link via email so you can
> > reset your password (mantis and bugzilla hash your password differently).
> >
> > could we redirect bugs.xfce.org to bugzilla.xfce.org so people don't put
> > stuff in the old database?  otherwise they'll get out of sync, and i'll
> > have to purge the new one and start over.
> >

> I just found the following rant about BugZilla on OSNews:
>
> http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=8361
>
> Interesting read.

Nothing to do with bugzilla though, does it? ;-) It's about misuse of bug
tracking systems to avoid communicating with users.

We now have an easy and a complex bug report form, so I think it should not be
too difficult to find out how to work with it. Brian did a pretty good job of
setting up an informative main page as well.