4.2 BETA?

Biju Chacko botsie at xfce.org
Wed Sep 22 08:16:21 CEST 2004

Hi,

What are the outstanding issues for 4.2-BETA? My general feeling is that
we should release either 4.2.0pre1 (or 4.1.0) immediately with whatever
state CVS HEAD is in now. That should be followed up with additional
BETA releases every fortnight until we have a consensus that 4.2 is
releaseable. Roughly, we should be targetting Oct 31 as a release date
for 4.2.

To achieve that, we should have a hard feature freeze starting now.
Anything that is not in working condition in CVS HEAD should either be
fixed immediately or removed. I don't think there's anything like that
though ... CVS seems fairly solid to me.

What is the feeling on this?

-- b