bugzilla keywords

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Sep 20 23:22:27 CEST 2004

On 09/20/04 23:20, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I really like the new bugzilla. My hope is we can use it to better keep
> track of feature requests as well as regular bugs. I think it will be
> better suited for this than mantis.
>
> Anyway, I added the first keyword: patch . We could think of more as we
> go along to help us categorise the reports. Earlier I suggested easy-fix
> to help possible contributors to find a place to start working. I don't
> know if that happens often enough though -- easy fixes tend to get fixed
> quickly...
>
> Any other ideas?

perhaps a "needshelp" keyword?  for stuff that either a) we can't figure out
how to fix/reproduce, or b) feature requests that we don't have the time or
desire to implement, but would be willing to include.

easy-fix sounds like a nice idea in theory, but i agree that easy-fix items
tend to get fixed pretty quickly by one of us.  hell, i know i usually
can't resist the instant gratification of a quick fix.

bugzilla's keywords system is pretty cool IMHO; we should make use of it if
we can.

	-brian