important bugzilla info

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Sep 20 20:52:56 CEST 2004

On 09/20/04 20:37, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> >
> >i think that's all for now.  i need to set up people with the proper
> >permissions and components, so let me know if yours isn't correct.  if you
> >want a component, also let me know.  i think more is better in this regard,
> >so, for example, danny, if you wanted a compoenent for xfce4-mixer, i think
> >that would be a good idea.
> >

> Why not add a component for every cvs module?

yeah, you're right, most of them can go in there.  but i don't think it's a
good idea to add the libraries, since most users wouldn't know if their bug
is related to one of the core libs.  my take on it is that the components
are mainly there to help the user direct the bug to the right dev, and it's
not too useful for the stuff that users don't (and shouldn't!) know about.

	-brian