Compositor status

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Sep 20 01:09:28 CEST 2004

Olivier Fourdan wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Ok, I removed the compositor from CVS for now, doesn't mean it won't be
>put back if I can come up with something quickly.
>
>It's worth noting that X.org 6.8.0 is not only released, but 6.8.1...

6.8.1 is a security release to patch some holes in libXpm.  from what i
can see, there aren't any bugfixes, at least not anything significant.
i agree with the other comments about the 6.8.x series not being
terribly stable.  i've had three X server crashes since i upgraded,
which may not seem like much... but it is when you consider i haven't
seen an X server segfault on either of my machines in almost 2 years.
one of the crashes (this morning) was definitely directly related to the
composite extension.  the others - who knows?

    -brian