bug tracker improvements

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Sep 17 00:13:02 CEST 2004

On 09/16/04 22:18, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> >3) why are we not using bugzilla?  i know it's a larger and more
> >complicated
> >piece of software, but it seems to have a few more useful features -
> >notably
> >with regards to email notification, dependencies, and queries.  i also like
> >how bugzilla handles bug status much better (though perhaps that's just
> >because i'm more used to bugzilla).  i know switching to bugzilla might be
> >pain, and i don't even know if there's a remotely doable method for
> >importing
> >mantis bugs into bugzilla, but i have a feeling that, as xfce grows its
> >userbase, mantis' interface is going to prove to be rather unwieldy.  if
> >given appropriate access on espresso, i wouldn't mind being the point
> >person
> >on setting up bugzilla and migrating our current bugs and users.
> >

> There must be a reason all those other projects use bugzilla, right? ;)
>
> I have no idea what it would involve to switch to bugzilla, though. If
> you do, I have no objections to a change.

dude: http://www.mehnle.net/software/m2bz - proof that some companies are
cool.  anyway, i'll export our mantis database and import it at home, and set
up a test server there to see if this is doable without a lot of pain.

	-brian

p.s. also on that website - http://www.mehnle.net/software/bash-startup -
something a lot of us (myself included) get confused about.