Patch for 'cycle_hidden'. Was: 'Cycle through windows' feature request

Nikolas Arend Nikolas.Arend at gmx.net
Thu Sep 16 23:41:23 CEST 2004

Olivier Fourdan wrote:

>On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 16:06, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>

>>I don't think it should be included. We are in feature freeze, but more
>>importantly we are also in string freeze. this means not translatable strings
>>may be added.
>>

>Absolutely... You can add an .xfwm4rc option (ie read an "hidden"
>option) but no more strings....
>

>>Apart from that, it is not obvious to me that this should be an option in the
>>GUI. Some of the xfwm options are hidden because they are needed or useful to
>>only a very small number of our users. To me that seems the case for this
>>particular feature as well.

Well, that's ok, you're running the show of course. I didn't know about
string freeze, is there a public release schedule anywhere?
At least it was a good little exercise with xfwm4 code for me ;-)
One thing I'd like to know: what exactly are the criteria for an option
to be "obviously" in the gui? Only the number of people who would use
it? I had the impression that a bunch of people did second the request.
Maybe some would use it if they knew it was there... ;-)

I had another feature request, the "taskbar app menu" thing (see thread
in general discussion list). That's not implemented yet, is it? Jasper
wrote: "The reason it's not there is simply that no-one has done the
work to implement it". So if I had a look into this, will it have a
chance of being included some time (4.3 CVS/4.4)? It's just not that
satisfying writing code that never gets implemented.

Nick.