[patch] xfdestop, cygwin patch

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 17:12:03 CEST 2004

There was some talk about this on the x.org list. It's an Xv realted
issue, the xine-lib maintainer came on the list, and got offered a
solution, several people mentioned they had the same trouble with
mplayer. I would assume that it's the same issue.

-Erik

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:52:31 -0700, Brian J. Tarricone
<bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> On 09/15/04 19:24, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
> > Hi,

> > > committed.  sorry for the delay, i've been a bit out of it the past
> > > couple days.  great work - looking forward to compiling it on my evil
> > > windows box at work when it's done ^_~.
> > >
> > >     -brian
> > >
> > > p.s.  unrelated note - got x.org 6.8.0 running; xcompmgr is yummy ^_^
> >
> > yeah :)
> >
> > but... wonder if it is me or does mplayer have a hell of a problem with
> > it ?
> >
> > I tried using both xv and sdl vo, but both show artifacts / damaged
> > exterior / nothing at all when pressing F, playing video... and their
> > x11 vo driver slowed down to a crawl...
> >
> > sigh...
> >
> > btw: *all* other apps can deal with it surprisingly well :)
>
> dunno, i'm not an mplayer fan.  xine works fine though, so it sounds like it's
> either mplayer's fault, or a problem with your video driver's Xv support.
> IIRC, mplayer's SDL output uses Xv by default.  try using xshm or the normal
> x11 thingy.
>
>         -brian

-Erik