Patch for 'cycle_hidden'. Was: 'Cycle through windows' feature request

Nikolas Arend Nikolas.Arend at gmx.net
Thu Sep 16 15:52:05 CEST 2004

I posted the following in the general discussion list, but I think it
fits better here. The attached patch applies to xfwm4 CVS 20040916.

Would be nice if this could be included.

Nick

Sami Samhuri wrote:

>* On Wed Sep-08-2004 at 06:00:26 PM +0200, Olivier Fourdan said:
>

>>On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 17:48, Sami Samhuri wrote:
>>

>>>This is probably due to one of two things.
>>>
>>>        1) Oliver doesn't like it.
>>>or      2) Because I never followed through with the second patch I said
>>>           I would write.
>>>

>>or #3 I missed the email... If that patch is enough for those who ask
>>for the feature, then it's fine with me.
>>

>That hadn't occurred to me. Thanks for clarifying. :)
>

>>Should be in CVS now (+/- the anon CVS delay time)
>>

> Great, I hope people can make some use of it.

Works fine for me, thanks again. One thing ... ;-) How 'bout a checkbox
in the window manager settings panel? I attached the respective patch
for xfwm4 from 20040916 (today). It adds a checkbox in the "Advanced"
settings tab, so one can switch between cycling with and without
including hidden windows. The ~/.xfce4/xfwm4rc entry/file would not be
necessary any more with that patch I guess. One should also change the
respective help files if this gets applied.
I know they're in feature freeze already, but if Olivier likes it, maybe...

Nick.