Issues with XFCE4 (cvs version)

eGore egore at gmx.de
Sun Sep 12 19:06:31 CEST 2004

Am Sonntag, den 12.09.2004, 17:26 +0200 schrieb Danny Milosavljevic:
> Hi,
>
> Am Sonntag, den 12.09.2004, 14:49 +0200 schrieb eGore:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just upgraded from 4.0.6 to CVS and stumbled upon some things:
> > - Icon themes don't seem to work
>
> They should work now. Where exactly are they not applied ? (which apps)
XFCE starts after installing with a default icon set (looks kind of
grey/yellow). I wanted to change to the Industrial icon set (used it in
4.0.6, too). I changed it, and nothing happened. Logged in and out,
nothing happened. So I guess it's not applied anywhere (talking about
xfce panel)

> > - The iconbox is not in /etc/xfce4/xinitrc, therefore it ain't started
>
> Yeah, that is normal. In the future that should be a preference, imo...
> hmm. Not sure how exactly to do it though.
>
> > - xfcalender should definitely get an option to start it minimized
> > (since I like this thing but hate to close is every time I log into my
> > box)
>
> Yeah...
>
> > - also it SEEMS that the number of virutal desktops is forgotten on
> > logout (but I have to check if it is my fault).
>
> Eeeek ? What? THAT would be a bad bug.
Forget about that. I double checked it and the error was sitting right
in front of the keyboard :) The virtual desktop number is stored (somewhere).

> > - last and least (since I think it's a known problem): desktop menu does
> > not work
>
> It should work fine and I'm using it day-in day-out without any
> problems. What does account as "not work" ? does not start because of
> unresolved stuff ? gives warnings and exits ? does nothing when right-
> clicking ? xfdesktop -menu doesnt work ?
I looked at the log and could not found any error messages (so I think
it does not fail due to unresolved symbols). Simply nothing happens when
I rightclick on the desktop.
and running "xfdesktop -menu" does nothing (if I simply start it in an
aterm)

> More details please :)
Here they come ;)