problems compiling libxfce4util

Maarten Boekhold boekhold at emirates.net.ae
Sat Sep 11 17:52:28 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm not sure if I just didn't notice, or if something changed earlier
this week, but I can't seem to get libxfce4util to compile anymore. I'm
getting:

Cannot export R: symbol not defined
Cannot export _xfce_builtin_license_BSD: symbol not defined
Cannot export _xfce_builtin_license_GPL: symbol not defined
Cannot export _xfce_builtin_license_LGPL: symbol not defined

At first I thought it was maybe because of the 'SECTION' stuff in the
licenses-texts.c file (license-to-c.sh), but I commented that out, and
it still won't compile. Also, I can't find a symbol 'R' anywhere.

I wonder if perhaps the regexp in:

libxfce4util_la_LDFLAGS =                                       \
         -export-dynamic                                         \
         -version-info @LIBXFCE4UTIL_VERINFO@                    \
         -export-symbols-regex "^[^_].*"

is somehow incorrect, or extracts something that isn't appropriate for
cygwin? Anybody has any hints?

Maarten