Panel plugin interface

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Fri Sep 10 16:07:52 CEST 2004

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 02:59:05PM +0400, Maarten Boekhold wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Yesterday I asked for information on the panel plugin interface. On the
> suggestion of 'benny' on the #xfce IRC channel, I created a list of all
> the non-static functions in the panel source files (just the 'panel'
> sub-directory).
>
> I suspect that a lot of those functions are not intended to be used by
> plugins, so I'd appreciate it if somebody could have a look at the list
> of files/functions included below, and comment on it. Perhaps mark all
> functions that are intended to be accessed by panel plugins with a '*'?
> That list could be included in the XFCE docs as a quick/dirty reference
> for plugin writers as well...
>
> I'll also try to create a list of functions that a plugin is supposed to
> provide, and post that later.

Awesome! Please give me some time to go through the list, it's quite extensive
;-)

Some are probably specifically intended for plugins, while others may be
useful in some very specific situations.

As a side note this work may just come in handy when designing a new plugin
system for 4.4 as well.

	Jasper