Supporting Base Dir Spec

edscott edscott at prodigy.net.mx
Fri Sep 10 15:21:14 CEST 2004

El vie, 10-09-2004 a las 01:07, Benedikt Meurer escribió:

> >>Ehm, do you want me to change xfce4-session to not use XDG basedir spec,
> >>or do I miss your point here?
> >

> > if we're postponing doing the xdg basedir spec for config files until 4.3,
> > then yes, i think the session manager should use ~/.xfce4/ for config data.
> > the cache data is probably fine in ~/.cache/
>
> I'm against this. If we don't want any XDG supporting apps in 4.2, then
> xfce4-session will have to wait for 4.4 to be released or it will be
> removed from the Xfce core.

Is anybody strongly against XDG in 4.2? Correct me if I am wrong:

Jasper is OK and ready to code
Olivier is OK as long as Jasper's idea (or equivalent) is used
Brian does not mind
Benny will be angry if XDG is postponed
Edscott sympathises with Benny
all others won't be annoyed if XDG appears in 4.2.

regards,

Edscott