Patch: cygwin support

Maarten Boekhold boekhold at emirates.net.ae
Fri Sep 10 10:28:47 CEST 2004

Hi all,

Attached are 5 separate patches (against CVS HEAD) plus a new file that
add support for compiling XFCE4 under cygwin for the following XFCE
components:

- libxfce4util
- libxfcegui4
- libxfce4mcs
- xfce-mcs-manager
- xfcalendar

The patches have been generated by 'cvs diff -u', and should be applied
from the 'xfce4' directory. The new file should be added to the
xfce-mcs-manager as:
- xfce-mcs-manager/xfce-mcs-manager/mcs-manager.def

the patches essentially add:
- some configure.ac magic to determine whether we are on
   cygwin ornot
- some Makefile.am magic to add some LDFLAGS and LIBADD
   to satisfy cygwin link requirements
- for components that use plugins, add a '.def' file that should
   be used by the plugins to satisfy references to functions that
   are contained in the executable that loads the plugin libraries.

I'd appreciate it if somebody could review these patches to see if the
approach is acceptable. If they are accepted, I will generate similar
patches for the other components and submit them through the xfce4-dev
mailing list.

Kind regards,

Maarten