Supporting Base Dir Spec

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Sep 8 19:41:42 CEST 2004

On 09/08/04 17:40, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> >i'm all for this, but i thought it was decided that we were going to
> >wait until 4.3, mainly because of issues with migrating old user data.
> >

> Ah, right. I can't remember. If that's the case, some modules must be
> changed to use the old locations, I think.

yeah, xfce4-session is using ~/.config and ~/.cache, and xfdesktop is using
~/.cache for the menu cache.  pretty trivial to change xfdesktop, dunno about
the session manager (/me pokes benny).

> I don't mind waiting for the next release.

mmm, i think we've done enough, and we're already several weeks late releasing
an alpha.  olivier, what do you think about getting that alpha out ASAP now
that we have our brand new server?  i think if we work solely on release
issues, we can get it out by the end of the weekend, yeah?

	-brian