XfceIconTheme fixes

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Tue Sep 7 08:08:55 CEST 2004

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> jasper,
>
> this patch looks good, except that there's no need to keep the theme
> name around or to compare it to a portion of the pathname (which could
> be error-prone, btw).  the XfceIcon struct has a "is_in_theme" boolean
> var that you can check.  could you rewrite your patch to use that
> instead?  if i'm totally missing the point of what you did, feel free to
> smack me ^_~.

Hmm, yeah, I took the easy way out, I confess ;) The reason of course
being that XfceIcon is not exposed to the list lookup function. Nor is
an XfceIcon always used in the icon lookup: the fallback search just
returns a filename.

I'll just make a private lookup function that also returns the in_theme
boolean. To make it even more 'complicated' I could make the
disctinction between inherited and fallback icons, but that does take a
little more time.

Let me know if you have different (better? ;) ideas.

	Jasper