Warm up for 4.2 beta2

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Sat Oct 23 17:31:26 CEST 2004

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 16:57 +0200, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
>
>>The point is, people don't update as soon as a release is available, it
>>takes time, don't expect people to follow us if we release every two
>>weeks or less.
>

> Ok, I've tagged CVS already (sorry, I saw your messages too late) but
> I'll put the release on hold until we all agree on a final decision...
> (We'll need to redo the tag after that but that's not much of a trouble
> anyway)

Personally, I'm fine with releasing this weekend.

I do think we should have some schedule leading up to 4.2. I said two
weeks, but if you feel two weeks is not enough to allow people to test
it, we can make it three or four.

I believe that having these target dates will help to keep people
focussed on getting a 4.2 release out in a reasonable time frame.

	Jasper