xffm compile error on cygwin

Maarten Boekhold boekhold at emirates.net.ae
Thu Oct 21 12:55:46 CEST 2004

Darth Punk of Borg wrote:
> hi there,
>
> i have successfully compiled:
> xfce4/libxfce4util
> xfce4/libxfcegui4
> xfce4/libxfce4mcs
> xfce4/xfce-mcs-manager
> xfce4/xfce-mcs-plugins
> xfce4/xfce4-panel
> xfce4/xfwm4
> xfce4/xfce-utils
>
> but in xffm i am getting some undefined errors. i think they need the dbh lib, i am trying to fix it, but i have no luck :(.

Well, your partially right. It does seem that xffm needs libdbh.
However, xffm doesn't work at all on cygwin, so don't even bother trying
to compile it!

The following apps from Xfce haven't been ported to cygwin yet:
xffm
xfprint
xfce4-mixer
xfce4-terminal

Also, I know there are some problems with the panel plugins (for example
resizing the panel doesn't work), but in order to fix that we need to
overhaul the plugin system, which this isn't really the time for. But
for the most part the panel plugins work nicely.

Maarten