XFCE marketing effort/project

Gianluca Turconi luctur at comeg.it
Tue Oct 19 09:40:37 CEST 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:56:37 -0600
Matt Thompson <thompsma at colorado.edu> wrote:

> > > BTW, has the pretty mouse that is used as Xfce mascot a name?
> >
> > I don't think so. Lets name it "nestu". ;-)
>
> With my mouse in the moon backdrop, I always called him Muad'Dib.
> Guess what book I read and movie I suffered through! :)

Well, my previous question was rather serious, because this kind of
things can be used to attract people. For example: what about a contest
"Vote for our Xfce mascot's name"? People like contests and Xfce may
realease another press note and stay on folks' mouth without annoying
the note's recipients.

I've already tested that method in OpenOffice.org for the OOo school
project's mascot and it worked.

However, this is something for the future.

Regards,

Gianluca
--
Lo zoppo Androclide, spartano, avrebbe risposto a chi gli chiedeva di
quale utilità potesse essere un soldato menomato: "Non fa per voi gente