xfdesktop (4.2 beta) aborts/crashes on startup

Vijay Durairaj vijayd81 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 08:14:35 CEST 2004

I just commented out the following lines in "art_render_gradient.c"
and it worked:
lines 334 to 338

334  //assert (ix > 0);
335 //assert (ix < n_stops);
336  // assert ((stops[ix-1].offset <= offset_fraction + EPSILON) ||
337  //  ((stops[ix].offset > (1.0 - EPSILON)) && (offset_fraction <
EPSILON /* == 0.0*/)));
338  //assert (offset_fraction <= stops[ix].offset);

I have also attached the diff output (patch).

Thanks,
Vijay