xfdesktop (4.2 beta) aborts/crashes on startup

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Fri Oct 15 07:45:05 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 07:28 +0200, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> If it fixes a bug, perhaps we should break the string freeze for this?
> Opinions?

It doesn't fix a bug in Xfce, just a workaround for a problem in a third
party lib...

Plus, it looks like a kinda geeky for a user option IMO. Better send the
patch to libart_lgpl maintainers or even ship our own patched version if
they don't want/aren't willing to fix that particular issue.

But are we alone impacted with this?

Cheers,
Olivier.