problem using installer... xffm icons

edscott wilson garcia edscott at xfce.org
Thu Oct 14 15:18:14 CEST 2004

El jue, 14-10-2004 a las 02:13, Benedikt Meurer escribió:
> Tim Woolsey wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I installed XFCE 4.2 BETA1 using your installer... great work!  but i
> > do have a question.  How can I get xffm to load??? When I type xffm
> > into the terminal, it spits errors out about icons.  I went to here:
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/xffm and downloaded the icons. I
> > installed them by using ./configure then make then make install.
> > Still doesn't work.  Anything you know that would help or am I

The stuff at sourceforce is pre 4.0beta release. After the first 4.0
beta release the site became obsolete. I probably should remove the
files from that site...

> > e-mailing the wrong person (this problem has nothing to do with your
> > installer...) ?????  I'm pretty new to linux and right now I'm in
> > Yoper 2.1 and i followed these instructions to install xfce:
> > http://www.yoper.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=4371
>
> The xffm-icons package is obsolete (from what I know) and shouldn't be
> required any more.
>
> I don't think the problem is with the installer, therefore I CC'd
> xfce4-dev. Edscott, any ideas?

Maybe there is a hidden dependency of xffm with xfce4-icon-theme. Do you
have the xfce4-icon-theme installed? If you do, without a further
description of the problem I can't tell. If the the errors about icons
are : "*** attempt to put segment in horiz list twice", that normal
because we force you to use svg icons before png icons. I hope we can
fix that for beta2.

regards,

Edscott