about compositor

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 23:06:54 CEST 2004

Grah! I hate multiple replying multiple times . . .

I've found another bug with the compositer enabled xfwm. Dragging a
window across workspaces works, but as soon as the window has crossed
over, the mouse lets go of the window.

For example, if I drag an xterm from Workspace 1 to Workspace 2, the
xterm window shows up on the second workspace, but does not stick to
the mouse. Instead the mouse moves free, as if I had let go of button
one.

Thanks,

-Erik

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 19:50:35 +0200, Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:
> Hi Edscott,
>
> Ah si... I see :)
>
> I'll look into (I think I know why)
>
> Cheers,
> Olivier.
>

> On Sat, 2004-10-09 at 19:46 -0500, edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> > Olivier,
> >
> >   I finally got around to installing xorg-6.8 and enabling the
> > compositor. Really nice, yes :-)
> >
> > But I did notice something strange. If I click on the title of a window
> > with button 2 (to send it below) the window which used to be below is
> > rendered immediately. But if I do it the other way around, by clicking
> > with button-1 on the title of the window which is below, there is a
> > noticeable delay (0.5 sec.?) before the window is brought above.
> > Is this normal?  (nvidia card with "RenderAccel" "true")
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Edscott

-Erik