about compositor

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 23:02:35 CEST 2004

If you haven't fixed it yet, I can add this tidbit - clicking and
immediately moving the mouse
causes the window to jump to the front.

This reminds me of the delay when showing the window actions menu.

BTW Olivier, the compositer is fantastic. It looks much better than
the xcompmgr out of the box (not surprising, really), and is far less
buggy. I had hacked on xcompmgr here a bit, and you seem to have fixes
the Gecko related visual artifact bugs that I had been fighting with.
Very nice!

-Erik

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 19:50:35 +0200, Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:
> Hi Edscott,
>
> Ah si... I see :)
>
> I'll look into (I think I know why)
>
> Cheers,
> Olivier.
>

> On Sat, 2004-10-09 at 19:46 -0500, edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> > Olivier,
> >
> >   I finally got around to installing xorg-6.8 and enabling the
> > compositor. Really nice, yes :-)
> >
> > But I did notice something strange. If I click on the title of a window
> > with button 2 (to send it below) the window which used to be below is
> > rendered immediately. But if I do it the other way around, by clicking
> > with button-1 on the title of the window which is below, there is a
> > noticeable delay (0.5 sec.?) before the window is brought above.
> > Is this normal?  (nvidia card with "RenderAccel" "true")
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Edscott

-Erik