about compositor

edscott wilson garcia edscott at xfce.org
Sun Oct 10 02:46:46 CEST 2004

Olivier,

  I finally got around to installing xorg-6.8 and enabling the
compositor. Really nice, yes :-)

But I did notice something strange. If I click on the title of a window
with button 2 (to send it below) the window which used to be below is
rendered immediately. But if I do it the other way around, by clicking
with button-1 on the title of the window which is below, there is a
noticeable delay (0.5 sec.?) before the window is brought above.
Is this normal?  (nvidia card with "RenderAccel" "true")

regards,

Edscott