Proposal: An Xfce C++ language binding for GTK+

Jeff Franks jcf at tpg.com.au
Sat Oct 9 03:05:03 CEST 2004

Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> [snip]
>
> So, if nobody complains, I'd like to start looking into details about
> how, where and when to import GFC after the next 4.2BETA is released.

If agreed, It might take a few weeks to re-badge the GFC libraries
(GFC-Core and GFC-UI) to produce the first Xfce compilable tarballs.
What I would need to know up front is:

- the GLib library name: Xfce-Core or Xfce-GLib or whatever

- the GTK+ (ATK, GDK, GDK-PIXBUF, GTK, Pango) library name Xfce-UI or
Xfce-GTK or whatever

- the version numbering scheme: Follow GTK's major and minor version
numbers as GFC does or sync with the Xfce version numbers (like KDE and
QT do).

- The main  namespace prefix: e.g. Xfce, such as Xfce::Gtk::Window.

- Copyright notice: My name or somthing like Xfce Development Team. GFC
uses the GFC Development Team.

- Header file includes: __XFCE_GTK_WINDOW_HH__ or XFCE_GTK_WINDOW_HH.
GFC uses the latter.

- Docmentation: This could be the most time consuming because GFC uses
Doxygen and the header files are filled doxygen comments, but Xfce uses
GtkDoc.

Regards,
Jeff Franks.