Some specific problem with standard configuration

Tobias Kieslich tobias at justdreams.de
Thu Oct 7 16:54:05 CEST 2004

Hi

first of all I'm not sure if this goes to the bugtracker or not. Depends
on if I'm too stupid or it's really something wrong.

I wasn't able to via "startxfce4" or anyhow else until I copied
$sysconfdir/xdg/xfce4-session/* to ~/.config/xfce4-session. If failed
with "can't load failsave session". After the manual copy it started but
left me with an empty panel, since panel configs haven't been copied
either. Maybe I forgot something to do but dunno what. Maybe it helps to
tell you that --prefix=/opt/xfce4 --sysconfdir thus /opt/xfce4/etc (not
explicitely set) and the whole install was done via a
make DESTDIR=/else/where install
and then untared into the dir tree. (Archlinux package system)

I have one confirmation that this happend at least twice. If this is
really a bug just drop me a note here and I feed the tracker. If not,
enlighten me, please :-)

thanks,
-tobbi