how to use 4.0.6 & 4.2.0 simultaneously

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Tue Oct 5 10:04:25 CEST 2004

So, you install two versions of Xfce in system locations and then you expect
things to work because your distribution installs two versions of kde into
non-system locations and sets things up for you so that you can use either?
And then you blame benny's installer for that?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but your emails really sound like that to me.

To make this work you need to adjust your PATH and possibly LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

 $ export PATH="/usr/local/bin:$PATH"
 $ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/loca/lib/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
 $ startxfce4

With a bit of luck that will work, if there were no installation problems.

	Jasper