Xfce panel translucent

Olivier FOURDAN fourdan.olivier at wanadoo.fr
Mon Oct 4 16:22:07 CEST 2004

> > [...] since you can't make use of the area under the panel anyway.
>
> I'm shall not waste my time with this useless discussion, please try the feature and stop spreading nonsense like that. Period.

Ok, as usual, that's all misunderstanding. I think we are simply not talking about the same thing. I'm talking about the panel being placed at the bottom of the screen, you can move windows downward and place the *application* window under the panel with no problem.

I guess you are taking about the panel being placed at the top of the screen. In that particular case, yes, the WM will prevent you from moving the window *titlebar* under the panel because that would make the window unaccessible (unless you use Alt+click to move the window)

However, you still can force the window under the panel even when it's at the top by using Alt+tab.

Cheers,
Olivier.