xfce4-session fails to build on Fedora Core 3 test 3

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Mon Oct 4 07:34:59 CEST 2004

Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> David Fraser wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a number of linker errors trying to build xfce4-session on
>> Fedora from latest cvs.
>> I am building and installing xfce4 CVS into a separate directory
>> (/usr/local/xfce4) and I have xfce 4.0.x installed in /usr
>> It seems that it is linking against /usr/lib/libxfcegui4.so instead
>> of the one in /usr/local/xfce4/lib
>> I presume this is an error with the Make scripts somewhere...
>> Any hints on how to fix it?
>
> Yep, xfce4-session tries to link against the 4.0 libs. You could
> temporary move the 4.0 from /usr/lib to /tmp while compiling 4.2. That
> should help.

The trouble is I'm continually rebuilding on my machine, and this has
worked before, so something must have changed to break it.
All the rest of xfce4 CVS can build (apart from xffm which I suspect is
a similar problem), so I think this is a breakage.
It's not really feasable to move around the 4.0 builds which are
installed by RPM, I'm sure fixing this isn't too hard...

David