Important fix for RC1

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sun Nov 14 10:42:08 CET 2004

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Benny,

Hey Olivier,

> Can you tell us a bit more about the problem?

Sure; the kiosk mode uses getgroups(2) to query the gids of the user
owning the process. Normally, getgroups should not ever return more than
NGROUPS_MAX gids, as that's the system limited. Unfortunately linux
systems seem to allow more than NGROUPS_MAX gids (that said, the
NGROUPS_MAX value is wrong) which in turn makes the kiosk init code fail
(e.g. one user reported that his system limits the number of gids to 32,
but he can still set 33 groups...).

> We shall either release as is or cancel the release. There will be no
> update (everything is in place, I've uploaded all files, I won't redo
> all the work)

Ok, then it'll have to wait for RC2.

> Cheers,
> Olivier.