xffm moving files from one dir to another dir

edscott wilson garcia edscott at xfce.org
Fri Nov 12 19:21:03 CET 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 12:13, LostSon wrote:
> Hello
>   I am curious about xffm when i have to windows open and drag a file
> from one directory to another it still leaves a copy in the old
> directory where i dragged it from. Is there a setting to turn this off?

You can change the default drag mode from "copy" to "move" by unchecking
the item from main_menu->options->preferences->copy_on_drag.
Alternately, you can use shift-drag for moving, ctrl-drag for copying
and ctr-shift-drag for symlinking.

> I dont like having to go through and delete the file that i just wanted
> to move. Also is there a keyboard shortcut to open another xffm window
> instead of having to click open my menu again and selecting xffm ?

There used to be. I don't know why it is not there anymore. I'll check
on this for RC1.

regards,

Edscott