A little shadow patch ...

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu Nov 11 21:29:51 CET 2004

On 11/11/04 21:28, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> KnX wrote:
> >I don't know if it could interest somebody, but i juste "finished" this :
> >
> >http://img83.exs.cx/img83/4497/MyHumbleShadowPatch_KnX.png
> >
> >I still have a problem though, when i change parameters in the mcs
> >plugin, i'd like to redraw the fullscreen and the gaussian map generator
> >if needed ( when shadow size change ) is there a clean way to do this ?
>
> It's of course up to Olivier, but personally I'm not convinced the
> shadow appearance should be configurable. And if it is I'm not sure it
> should be in the GUI.

I think it's a pretty useful feature to have.  Drop-shadows are relatively
new in the X11 world, and I don't think there's any kind of consensus as
to how the shadows should look, or what most people will find pleasing.

An option in the GUI may not be the way to go, but I think having hidden
prefs for something like this is a must, at least for now.

	-b