xfbrowser4

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Nov 10 22:30:26 CET 2004

On 11/10/04 21:48, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Am Mittwoch, den 10.11.2004, 20:43 +0100 schrieb Jasper Huijsmans:
> >

> >>I'm not sure about the .desktop files. The menu spec describes a way to
> >>do this (using .desktop files with a Hidden=true entry), but I don't
> >>know if we support that.
> >

> >Hm ? Hiding entries that have "Hidden=true" ? yes, we do:
> >
> >xfdesktop: desktop-menu-dentry.c:
> >   xfce_desktop_entry_get_string(de, "Hidden", FALSE, &hidden);
> >        if(hidden && !g_ascii_strcasecmp(hidden, "true"))
> >                goto cleanup;
> >

> Not sure what 'goto cleanup' does, but the idea is that the user can put
> a file in ~/.local/share/applocations/ (I think) with 'Hidden=true' and
> then the corresponding entry in the system menu is not shown.

right.  this won't actually do that, and there's no GUI way of doing this
at present.  i suppose it would only require a one- or two-line change
to make it work for the case of manually putting a file in
~/.local/share/applications/.  i'm not sure that that's what's supposed to
happen, anyway.

i think we should put this discussion on hold until we branch for 4.3.  i'm
probably going to rip out the menu system as it is now and replace it with
something similar to benny's menu.  until i look into it more, i can't
say as to the feasibility of doing pretty much anything for 4.3.

	-brian