xfbrowser4

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Wed Nov 10 20:43:20 CET 2004

Brad Cowan wrote:

> Please implement this.  We (gentoo-desktop team) were just discussing
> this the other day as a usability issue along with xmms showing up as
> default on the panel.  I commented that xfmedia may be available with
> the next major version after 4.2 but until then we were trying to figure
> out a good workaround. Another issue was being able to remove/hide items
> from the desktop apps menu w/o manually rm .desktop files.

Well, this is a bit of a problem with the fact that the xfce panel
configuration is hand-crafted, rather then autogenerated. I'm not sure
we can really solve this. Suggestions are welcome. Traditionally Xfce
has always given a default configuration with some common programs.

The only way to solve this is by putting nothing in the panel except
what is installed by Xfce. Even that is a problem, since not all of Xfce
may be installed.

I'm not sure about the .desktop files. The menu spec describes a way to
do this (using .desktop files with a Hidden=true entry), but I don't
know if we support that.

> All the devs whom tried the lastest betas really like the direction the
> projects heading. Keep up the great work.

Good to hear. Thanks.

	Jasper