xfdesktop woes

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sun May 30 00:14:34 CEST 2004

Olivier wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 23:49, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
>
>>And what I forget to mention: I really appreciate Brian's work on xfdesktop,
>>esp. the multihead support is very nice (though there are without a doubt some
>>small pieces of code that could be improved). I think Brian did a very good
>>job, and I don't want to see him leaving the Xfce project.
>
> Can you elaborate on this?

Brian said "if this is a problem, then.... well, then we have a problem", and
I really worry about such sentences in such long discussions, since I have
seen good developers leaving open source projects because of such "trivial
personal difficulties" (compare to real life problems), for example Theo
Deraadt and NetBSD.

Benedikt

--
NetBSD Operating system:                       http://www.NetBSD.org/