xfdesktop bugs (was Re: menu editor does nothing?)

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri May 7 19:05:33 CEST 2004

On Fri, 7 May 2004, Jean-François Wauthy wrote:

> ok it's done. BTW i found 2 bugs in xfdesktop :
>
> 	1) start xfce4 after a rm -rf .xfce4, launch menueditor (it 	creates a
> new .xfce4/menu.xml, edit it and save; xfdesktop 	doesn't take it in
> count.

yep, i know.  just haven't gotten around to it yet.

> 	2) it seems the desktop menu (and only the desktop one ! strange
> 	because it's the same code IIRC) doesn't take in count the 	icontheme
> anymore.

icon theming in cvs has been broken in general for a while now in CVS;
surprised you're just noticing now ^_~.  jasper and i should hopefully
be fixing this situation this weekend (right jasper?).

in other news, yesterday i started debugging the app-crashing problem by
checking out various versions of xfdesktop based on the date.  it looks
like the problem started around february 10-15, so it's most likely my
fault =p.  that means it's probably somewhere in the new menu parser
(probably in modules/menu/desktop-menuspec.c), which makes me rather
annoyed because i don't really remember how i wrote all that.  i'll be
looking into it more this evening (i.e., in 4-5 hours) when i get home
from work.

	-brian