Mouse shorcuts

Xavier Otazu xotazu at cvc.uab.es
Fri May 7 13:53:49 CEST 2004

Hello:

I am new to this mail-list. I've been searching this question through
the several posts, but I've not found. But first of all, I would like to
thanks and congratulate developers of xfce. I've been using CDE's from
1994, mainly in HP-UX and Solaris. The usual Gnome-KDE Linux
environtments spend too much resources (apart form bugs, specially in
Gnome) and are not so fast and comfortable as CDE's. When I discovered
xfce for Linux, I inmediately return to this kind of environtment, and
now I am again a happy man  !

My question:

How can we define mouse shorcuts? That is, in the same way we can modify
keyboard shorcuts modifying the file
/usr/local/share/xfwm4/themes/default.keys/keythemerc, how can we define
shorcuts for mouse buttons? I've been searching through the help, but
I've not found any solution.

For example, by default the mid-button on window title (a small creen
area) lowers the window, but I would like to perform this with a
combination of Alt+Button3, or similar, on any zone of the windows area.
Alt+Button1 allows to move a window, and Button 2 on the title bar
lowers the window.

Could this behaviour be configurable? I thinks it is important because
it allows to fastly move and organize desktop. Old CDE, like HP-UX, had
some .dt/.dtprofile file which allowed user to define all the keyboard
and mouse shorcuts to iconify, move, resize, raise, etc.

I think it is really important that the user has the ability to define
his/her own keyboard and mouse shorcuts to work fastly and comfortably.
This is the main philosophy of xfce, and I think it should be a
configuraction possibility for the user.

To be honest, to my taste the only annoying feature of xfce that I found
when working on it, is that I cannot lower a window using my own mouse
shorcut, neither I can customize mouse shorcuts for a faster and easier
desktop use.

Thanks,