xfdesktop cvs bugs

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Mar 29 09:02:30 CEST 2004

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

>> 2/ each time I click on the "Edit list" button, xfce-mcs-manager takes
>> +60Mo in memory o_O
>
> now that's interesting.  yeah,  i see it.  again, i haven't touched
> that really, so i'll see what's up...

fixed, i'll commit after i make sure the file selection stuff works with
gtk 2.2.  seems when the 'edit list' button is clicked, it opens the
list file, and then calls gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file() on each one to make
sure they're valid images.  but then it never frees them.  there's one
other memleak in there somewhere (fortunately it's really small) that i
still have to track down.

i've noticed several of the mcs plugins seem to leak memory just by
repeatedly opening and closing the prefs panel.  i've managed to watch
xfce-mcs-manager's mem usage increase by repeatedly opening and closing
the backdrop settings, window manager settings,  and user interface
settings.  the others may leak some too, but the tool i'm using (just
watching in gnome-system-manager) only has resolution to 0.1MB.  could
this be a problem with the mcs manager itself?

    -brian