unifying icon themes

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sun Mar 28 15:08:57 CEST 2004

Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>
>> hi all-
>>
>> i want to move the icon theme setting out of the panel prefs and into
>> the UI prefs.  i also want it to look for icon themes in
>> /usr/share/icons (or, rather, $XDG_DATA_DIRS/icons or whatever it is).
>> [snip]
>

> The best solution would be to move the panel icons to standard
> locations IMHO. Just my 0,02EUR...

yeah, i'd thought of that.  but i don't think that really buys us
anything re: the problem i mentioned, since the theming works by
filename, and since we don't have Foobar-themed icons, when Foobar is
selected it'll just fall back to whatever's in hicolor...

either way, it's not a bad idea to move to the std location.  (note: if
we do, remember to change 'Gnome' to 'gnome', as that's how it seems to
be done, as lame as that may be =p).

    -brian