xfwm4 UI inconsistency

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sat Mar 20 21:47:00 CET 2004

hi all-
just poking about on my desktop, and i noticed something.  originally i
was somewhat saddened to see that the xfwm4 cvs option "always on top"
didn't have an icon, and then i realised that it was because it was a
check-item, which can't have an icon.  that always struck me as odd, and
i just realised why - the stick/unstick menu item _does_ have an icon,
because it isn't a check-item.  shade/unshade also does this.

so the two options are rather inconsistent.  personally, i'd rather
behavior like stick/unstick - keep the icon and change the menu option
as it's toggled.  however, i can't think of an opposite of "always on
top" that sounds good or makes sense.

it's not really a big deal, i don't think.  just one of my little
nitpicky ideas.  thoughts?

    -brian