Is there a video player that has the option to stay always on the top ?

Thomas tkran2002 at yahoo.de
Sat Mar 20 04:46:42 CET 2004

Hi to all,

I'm not satisfied with the new xfce standard that I can't change
the "stays always on top option" (and other adjustments) I had with xfce3 for windows.
The argument that the application must support this by itself does not
convince me. What about the sticky option in each window ?
Why is this supported but a stays always on top function not ?
There are some application I wish to do so and not waiting
until they support it (mplayer for example).

In my opion the user is more flexible to decide which
application/window should have a specific behaviour.
There are little things different to xfce3 - xfce4 is really fast is a big difference;-).
Xfce3 has more freedom for the user to decide window behaviour.
Now I must eat what is on the table or wait for newer applications ?
For Linux are many applications created and
some will never be updated to have new options.
What do you think about it ?

Thomas

BTW - Is there a trick to make 'window stays always on top'  possible ?