mcs plugin without xml2, fine

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu Mar 11 19:50:28 CET 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:

> Hi :)
>
> So I heard this talk about xml2 b0rking mcs, and as you know mixer has 3
> parts (head):
> - panel plugin
> - big mixer window app
> - mcs plugin
>
> I have only one configure.ac, which includes xml2 because big mixer
> window app needs it.
>
> This, however, makes it (-lxml2) appear in the final "Makefile" of the
> mcs plugin too. I take it this is bad ?

it shouldn't be, unless you've explicitly set the LDADD or LDLIBS or
LDFLAGS of the mixer mcs plugin to link against libxml2.  which you
shouldn't, obviously, if it doesn't use it.

ok, i just looked in the Makefile.am in xfce4-mixer/settings... the MCS
plugin isn't linking with libxml2.  a compile and ldd on the resulting
sound_settings.so verifies this.

	-brian