xfce4-session broken

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Thu Mar 11 00:07:55 CET 2004

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> xfce4-session crashes on logout. Instead of displaying the "quit"
> dialog, it crashes and the session dies as soon as the wuit butto nget
> pressed.
>
> The following error is logged:
>
> (xfce4-session:5828): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: g_object_set_valist:
> construct property "type" for object `GtkDialog' can't be set after
> construction
>
> Gdk-ERROR **: The program 'xfce4-session' received an X Window System
> error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
>   (Details: serial 2832 error_code 8 request_code 42 minor_code 0)
>   (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
>    that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
>    To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
>    option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
>    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
> function.)
> aborting...

xfce4-session is currently broken in another way as well, since it does not
always restore the session, but I haven't figured out so far.

Anyway, back to your problem: Are you using Gtk 2.3? Maybe they changed the
semantics for the window type property. Please try to verify it by
uncommenting the line from xfce4-session/shutdown.c.

Benedikt

--
NetBSD Operating system:                       http://www.NetBSD.org/
pkgsrc "Work in progress":                  http://pkgsrc-wip.sf.net/