Non-public method used in xfce?

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Mar 10 23:43:45 CET 2004

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Olivier Fourdan wrote:

> If I look at libxfcegui4 from CVS HEAD, I see a bunch of calls to _gtk*
> methods (typically gtkicontheme.c and gtkiconthemeparser.c)
>
> Then, if I look at corresponding gtk header files, all these are said to
> be "non-public" methods.
>
> Am I missing something obvious or are we really using non public calls
> from xfce4 (CVS HEAD)? I sincerely hope it's not the case...

i'll give it a second look, but i don't believe there's any way to avoid
this.  gtkicontheme{,parser} make private gtk calls, and there's not
much i can do about it.  if it's compiled against gtk 2.4, the code is
left out, so it's not an issue.  since 2.4 will be out soon, 2.2 will
only get maintenance releases, so i wouldn't expect those private calls
to change (in fact, those private interfaces are there up to gtk 2.3.4).

	-brian