[Xfce4-commits] CVS: xfce4/libxfcegui4/libxfcegui4 xfce-appmenuitem.c, 1.8, 1.9 xfce-exec.c, 1.1, 1.2 xfce_aboutdialog.c, 1.6, 1.7 xfce_aboutdialog.h, 1.2, 1.3

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Mar 5 00:55:09 CET 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> No, "==" is correct.

yeah, my mind must be broken.  after 4 hours of beating my head against
my desk trying to get php4 to work with apache on solaris, i don't have
the ability to think anymore.

> gtkdoc-scan failes to query the XfceAppMenuItem GObject characteristics on
> normal run. Therefore I set GTKDOC_SCAN when running gtkdoc-scan and added the
> env var check. I hate this kinds of hacks, but actually I don't know a better
> way to get around this.
>
> The main problem is, that gtkdoc-scan does not open a display, but the
> gtkicontheme stuff requires a GdkScreen object, which leds to a core dump. If
> you know a better way to check it, feel free to change it :)

ah, i see...  hmm, so basically i guess it's unusual to do anything
requiring an X display inside the class_init function of a GObject.
moving the calls to _ensure_icon_theme_instance() into all of the
xfce_app_menu_item_new* functions should do the trick, tho conceptually
i think it belongs in the class_init function (since it's basically
analogous to something you'd need to do in a static initialiser).

	-brian