just another window manager patch

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Jun 30 01:19:30 CEST 2004

Olivier,

I think I found the cause (or atleast the fix) for a race condition between
the window manager and the taskbar (it could be any other app here, but this
is due to the fact that the taskbar is launched right after the window
manager). You connect to the session manager very early in xfwm4 startup when
not everything is setup yet and the session manager will start the taskbar
right after the wm tells him that its up and running. So the taskbar is
probably started while the window manager is not yet in a good state and weird
things will happen (for example, flickering, cause the Map request isn't
interrupted by the window manager or the taskbar doesn't appear at all, etc.).

Benedikt

--
NetBSD Operating system:                       http://www.NetBSD.org/
pkgsrc "Work in progress":                  http://pkgsrc-wip.sf.net/