Qt WM_TRANSIENT_FOR behaviour

Olivier fourdan at xfce.org
Tue Jun 29 21:09:29 CEST 2004

Benny,

transient for root is not an ICCCM standard, but it's a commonly
supported behaviour.

It basically means "transient for all windows of the same group", in
other words, transient for all windows that share the same group leader.

Amazingly enough, Qt apps set the group leader to themselves. I guess
that's ok (alhtough I find it quite odd), but that fools xfwm4 internals
that try to keep transients with their parents.

I'll have a look at it.

Cheers,
Olivier.

--