Xfce 4.1 alpha release?

Josh Howard jrh at zeppelin.net
Thu Jun 24 18:39:52 CEST 2004

Olivier <fourdan at xfce.org> writes:

> - Anything else? Comments/ideas/suggestions welcome.

Perhaps this is a personal issue, but I'm still not sure how the icon
themeing stuff is supposed to be working. On two separate machines,
one where I wiped out all of my original configuration, picking icon
themes doesn't actually cause any user visible change.  Again, this
may be something where I'm just a screw up, or maybe it's in how
FreeBSD installs packages of icons, or this is intended behavior, but
I think if I was Joe average user and installed this thing and
went to pick my fancy new icon set and saw no diff, I'd be a little
turned off.

Aside from this minor issue, I've been happy with XFce... virtual
desktops laid out matrix style would have been a good feature to
bring back, but hardly a show stopper.

--
Josh Howard <jrh at zeppelin.net>