Windowmanager problem with Java 1.5

Bernhard Walle Bernhard.Walle at gmx.de
Sat Jun 19 14:00:48 CEST 2004

Hello,

I'm pretty sure that the problem is no bug of xfwm4 but a bug in Java.
But my (first) bug report was rejected, so I need help from here.

At first, the problem:

 1. Start a Java 1.5 (beta2) application, such simply "serialver
    -show" which is a part of the JDK.
 2. Start a second application (xterm).
 3. Change to another desktop.
 4. Change back
   -> The Java application is focused and in foreground!

There are different effects in different window managers. xfwm4 puts
the window in foreground, KDE only lets the taskbar entry blink and
icewm sets the input focus in the window but doesn't put it in
foreground. But _all_ effects are bad, in my opinion.

So the aim should be to see the bug fixed in Java 1.5final. So:

 * Can someone repoduce the behaviour?
 * If yes, does someone know more about the reason for the behaviour?
 * If yes (or no), can someone write a bugreport to Sun.

Thanks for help!

Regards,
Bernhard